- Support Services
- Events Calendar
- Patient Stories
- Saint Francis Videos
- Saint Francis Auxiliary
Saint Francis Auxiliary - About Us
Saint Francis Hospital has a long and in-depth history dating back to 1914.
The Saint Francis Ladies’Auxiliary was formed on March 13, 1923. The auxiliary was organized at the Catholic Daughters’ Home on South Hamilton Street, in order “to stimulate interest in the Hospital and in its work among the city’s poor.” (Excerpt taken from Saint Francis Hospital: 1914-1951). Today the auxiliary carries on that mission and strives to promote the welfare of patients, to expand public knowledge of the mission of the hospital, and to provide assistance with the approval of the Board of Trustees of the hospital.
Since the early 20th century Saint Francis Hospital has been a part of Dutchess County. Throughout the years the organization has grown to be a major part of the community. The hospital is located in Poughkeepsie, NY.